Our hike to Mount Olympus is about 9 km crossing, starting from the Old Monastery of Ag. Dionysiou, where we will stop early and tour its ruins to admire its grandeur and mysterious atmosphere!
From there, we will move to the cave that Saint Dionysius dug, crossing part of the impressive Enipea Gorge, getting a good taste of its most impressive piece!
And after crossing a beautiful wooden bridge, we will come out of the gorge following an amazing nature with a magical view that fascinates every genuine hiker to the place of Chandolia! From there we will admire the highest and snow-capped peaks of Mount Olympus!
Before finally getting to the last part of our journey, which will take us to the Cross Shelter, where we will cut our Basil Pie and make gift draws!
At Stavros Shelter, located at 950m. approximately, we will also stay for our lunch enjoying every moment on Olympus, before boarding the bus for our return to Thessaloniki.
The course we take requires a moderate physical state.
• Total route length: 9 km (crossing)
• Starting: 900 m.
• Minimum altitude: 700 m.
• End: 950 m.
• Total hiking time: 4 hours
• Degree of difficulty of walking: 2 (scale 1 - 5, moderate fitness)
• Suitable for children: 12+ (Parenting required)
Important note: The route we take may be modified for safety reasons due to winter weather.
In detail our departures:
• 07.15 at the junction of Con Roads. Karamanlis (formerly New Egnatia) and Voulgari (in front of Everest).
• 07.30 at the Archaeological Museum of Thessaloniki on Manolis Andronikou (extension of Basil Olga and Basil Georgiou to the center, shortly after the Town Hall).
• 07.45 at the traffic light at the height of One Salonica (diagonally across from Media Markt).
Please be 10 minutes early at the meeting points so that there are no delays in our departures.
Return to Thessaloniki around 19.30.
Cost of excursion / person: 18 euros including VAT 24%
The price includes:
• Coach transfer from Thessaloniki and return
• Experienced professional escorts at Green Oliver Alternative Tourism Bureau
• Organized and coordinated by Green Oliver
• Liability insurance (professional liability insurance)
• VAT 24%
Necessary for the excursion
1. Mountaineering boots (required)
2. Walking poles (optional)
3. Seasonally appropriate clothing such as hiking trousers, winter leggings, vest, isothermal, fleece, woolen blouse, dri-fit clothes, jackets, collars / scarves, gloves, cap etc. (weather update 1-2 days in advance the organized excursion)
4. Waterproof (always required), socks and change of clothes (required)
5. Mountaineering backpack with cover for your personal belongings
6. Water 1 - 1.5 lt
7. Snacks such as sandwiches, chocolates, cereal bars, pastels, nuts, cookies, dried fruits, fruits etc.
9. Mountaineering gaiters (optional)